Dan Tosh founded Tosh & Associates in 1985 and has been an appraiser since 1974. Dr. Tosh is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser licensed in the State of California. He holds Ph.Ds in economics from Cranston University and Canterbury University and a Juris Doctorate from Novus Law School. Among his many experiences, he was a contract auditor for FSLIC, an underwriter, vice chairman of a savings and loan, an executive vice president of a bank, a vice president of secondary marketing, a chief appraiser for two different mortgage companies and was a member of the US Services League.
1982 Templeton University, BS - Economics
1985 Templeton University, MBA
1999 Cranston University, Ph.D. - Economics
2003 Canterbury University, Ph.D. - Economics
2003 Awarded Professorship Canterbury University
2006 Novus University School of Law – BSL
2006 Novus University School of Law – JD
2007 Adjunct Professor Novus Law School
- Since 1975 to present, courses have been completed from the Appraisal Institute and numerous other course providers.
- Instructor for McKissock Education
- AQB Certified National USPAP course Instructor #10844
- Mentor and Adjunct Professor of Novus Law School.
- Author of “Residential Market Analysis & Highest and Best Use”
- Published by Ashley Crown Publishing a division of Allied Publishing
- Real Estate Broker #01188442 – Owner of E-Value Properties
- International Bar Member #1017242 - International Lawyer Member
1985 – Present Chief Appraiser, Tosh & Associates
1994 – 1995 Executive Vice President, CFO Atlas Capital Funding
1987 – 1994 Chief Appraiser, First Franklin Financial Corp.
1986 Senior Appraiser, Mortgage Loans America
1985 – 1986 Vice Chairman, Stanford Savings & Loan
1984 Executive Vice President, Delta Pacific Bank
1983 – 1984 Senior Underwriter/Production Mgr, Santa Clara Savings
1980 – 1984 Executive Vice President, AFS Mortgage
1974 – 1980 Fee Appraiser, William Fawcett Appraisal Services
1972 – 1974 High School Teacher, Samoana High, American Samoa
1971 Honorable Discharge, United States Marine Corps.
Other Experience and Licenses:
- 1985 Contract Federal Auditor with FSLIC
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser CA #AG001721
- AQB Certified USPAP Instructor #10844
- Master Senior Appraiser (MSA), National Association of Master Appraisers
- Deputy Director Local SEIU #521 UTWA
- Disabled Veterans Business Enterprise #41243
- Member of the International Hall of Fame Martial Arts 10th Degree Black Belt
Co-Author of "Residential Market Analysis & Highest and Best Use"
Tosh & Associate's EducationDepartment provides college level accredited appraisal courses in the State of California. We provide continuing education as well as basic education including USPAP. Dr Tosh is a certified USPAP instructor (#10844) and teaches courses all over the State of California.
Dan Tosh is also a 10th degree blackbelt and owns Tosh's Academy of Shorin-ryu Karate in Brentwood, California.